Friday, February 24, 2006

More Memories

I couldn't sleep last night again. All of a sudden, I began to regret sending that email to my ex-boyfriend - thinking I am so damn stupid for ever thinking he would ever want anything to do with me after the way I lied about why I didn't want to start the rest of my life with him. I miss him terribly. But only because I am vulnerable, I keep telling myself. See what is happening to me? I don't even trust my own feelings anymore.

And then, out of nowhere, I remembered a time in my life when I had taken up an eating disorder - bulimia. Everyone always assumed I was anorexic because of my small frame, but I never had any eating issues. I was always healthy. I used to be really sick as a baby - almost died a few times, I guess - but I never even thought about eating disorders or that I would ever end up admitting to having one. That is my struggle with my rape, I suppose - that I never beleived it could happen to me... until it did.

I took a year off of college and worked at a publishing company. I was making a lot of money and spending it all on partying - drinking and cocaine, mostly. Pot to help me sleep after doing lines all night. I blew all my money on... well... blow. That's when I started the bulimia.

It didn't last very long - only for a few months... or maybe longer, I don't know. But I remember the last time I made myself throw up: I went home for lunch and had some leftover pizza. I was watching TV and started to feel awful and real sad. I went upstairs to my bathroom and made myself throw it all up. I was surprised at how easy/routine this was becoming for me. I saw it laying there in the toilet, flushed it and watched it go down, stood up, turned around and stared at myself in the mirror. I began to just cry and cry and cry. And then I pulled myself together, washed my face, reapplied my makeup and went back to work as if nothing had happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006 All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including printing and photocopying, recording or by any other information storage or retrievel system, without permission in writing from the publisher.