Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My Favorite Song Right Now:

This song takes me to a place I can't even begin to describe to you. Anytime I hear it, my world crashes to a halt. I can feel that little girl inside of me breaking slowly, little by little, trying so desperately to see the light peek through the cracks of this deep, dark hole her rapist threw her into.

Except she is blind...


Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Song: Everyday Is Exactly The Same

I believe I can see the future
As I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
I just do what I've been told
I really don't want them to come around again

Oh, no

[Chorus]
Everyday is exactly the same
Everyday is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Everyday is exactly the same

I can feel their eyes are watching
Incase I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

[Chorus]

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind
I am still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know- I don't know what else I can do

[Chorus]

2 Comments:

Blogger deletia said...

nine inch nails are my favourite band in the world. when i was younger i used to be depressed all the time because i was being bullied in school and when i first listened to them (the album "the downward spiral" a friend taped for me) suddenly a huge weight was lifted off me because i found out that i wasnt alone in my feelings of lonliness and the depths i fell to.

3/14/2006 3:15 AM  
Blogger A. said...

Trent Reznor is a music God

1/21/2007 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006 All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including printing and photocopying, recording or by any other information storage or retrievel system, without permission in writing from the publisher.